Have you ever thought about the secret behind all those chiseled cheekbones, blinding highlights, and glowed apple of cheeks to get a BEAT Face on Instagram?
Using contouring highlighting and blush in a corrective way makes your appearance more like an oval. Let me tell you oval face shape is considered to be the ideal facial shape and a makeup artist’s dream because it’s easier to transform than any other face shape.
If the makeup is done by understanding the facial structure, revamping every shape into an ideal oval shape, then it is called the ‘’Perfect Makeup’’. Let’s learn different types of faces and application of this majestic trio – Contour / Highlight
/ Blush according to the Face Shapes.
01. Round Shape
- Contour the face starting from the forehead and bring it down to the sides of the jawline (light).
- Highlighter on the forehead and on the chin.
- Sweep blusher from the far down to cheekbones towards the mouth.
02. Square Shape
- Contouring on the side of the forehead and on the sides of the jawline.
- Blusher below the cheekbones.
- Highlighter on the forehead, the apple of the cheeks, and the chin.
03. ReCTANGLe / OBLONG FACe
- Contour the face on the sides of the forehead and on the sides of the jawline.
- No application of highlighter on the rectangular face. You may add a bit on the forehead.
- Apply blusher on the cheekbones below the outer corner of the eye and blend well.
04. OVAL FACe
- No application of bronzer on an oval face. For more definition, add a little below the jawline.
- The highlighter is to be applied to the cheekbone.
- Sweep the blush over the cheekbones.
05. TRIANGLe FACe
- Contour the face starting from the corner of the ear and take it downwards to the jawline. Add a little below the cheekbones.
- Highlighter is to be applied on the sides of the forehead.
- Apply blusher on the sideways V on the cheekbones.
06. HeART FACe
- Contouring should start from the sides of the forehead and bring it downwards to the jawline.
- Highlighter is not required.
- Apply a blusher to the outer corner of the cheekbones.
07. DIAMOND FACe
- Contour along the sides of your forehead and temples, below cheekbones, starting from the ears and ending at the middle of cheekbones, and the small area right below the chin to soften the point.
- Highlight under eyes in an upside-down triangle shape to brighten eyes, in the middle of the forehead and chin.
- Apply blush along the top of cheekbones blending towards the ear.